Find the latest question posted in Results and Care Lapband Surgery Category. You can post your Lap-Band® surgery question related to Results and Care Lapband
After Lap band surgery you have to go through the extreme care to get the best result from this surgery. Care is needed in all direction of surgery. When you are talking about post-operative diet then it needs more care from your side. Right from the surgery, it is advised to take proper care to get the best result form this surgery. Post-operative care is highly needed for you. If patients are not closely monitored after surgery then any complication may occur so you should follow the all post-operative care step.
There are some cares which you need to take after surgery----
- You should drink only liquid for 3-4 weeks.
- Follow the diet which is prescribed by the surgeon.
- In a day eat only three small meals.
- Never take snack between meals.
- Eat only solid foods at mealtime (when it allows eating).
- Eat slowly and chew your food.
- Stop eating when you feel full.
- Never try to eat more than your hunger. It may result in pain, nausea and vomiting and also stretch the lap band pouch.
- Try to choose foods which contain enough protein and nutrients.
- Do not drink while you eat.
- Do not drink for 30 to 45 minutes before or after meals.
- Drink plenty of liquids.
- Protect yourself from dehydration.
- Take protein enriched food to avoid hair loss.
- Drink low-calorie drink.
- In fluid water is good but you can take- low-calorie, non-carbonated liquids, such as artificially flavored drinks, tea, broth and black coffee (without sugar).
- If solid foods cause nausea and vomiting then go back to liquid food then after slowly come to solid food.
- Take three small meals a day with sufficient nutrients.
- Exercise at least 30 minutes a day.
- Aerobic activities mainly walking and swimming are generally best activity.
- Doggy or breast stroke will be also good as exercise.
- You can play Taekwondo after surgery.
- Eat and drink slowly and less, to avoid vomiting. Vomiting may lead to slippage of band and re-operation.
- Meet with your surgeon 2 weeks after surgery.
- After that at 1 months, 6 months and 1 year post-operatively.
- If persist any problem then immediately meet to your surgeon.
- consult with your doctors about any psychological issues relating to body image, stress coping strategies, addictive behaviors etc
- Change your lifestyle.
- Talk with your surgeon about adjustment of lap band.
- Schedule a date for it.
When you take a proper care then you will not face any complication or side-effects after lap band surgery.
Having a lap band surgery is the right decision or not depends only on the results of lap band surgery. Results may vary from person to person but ultimately it has some good sign for the people who desperately want to get rid from morbid obesity. Going for lap band surgery is after all our and what will we face after this, is also depends on us. So before making any strong decision for this, we should come to know about the effects of lap band surgery.
Lap band surgery is the painless and effective solution for the morbid obesity. You can loss 50% of you weight after this surgery. But sometimes it also differs depending upon the many factors like your diet and exercise after surgery. If you have changed your lifestyle seriously and followed the post-operative diet guideline then it is obvious that you face less risk and complication with better result. Your body condition also helps in this.
After 7 days of surgery you will back on your feet and can do normal activity. After 2 weeks of surgery you will be able to go for work. You fell less pain at the time of surgery and after the surgery. Your weight will lose gradually not quickly, if it happens then it may harm to the body. Lap band surgery helps you to improve health and life. There are many lists of people who have good experience of this surgery.
Follow up medical appointment also play an important part in result of lap band surgery. If you meet with your surgeon at the regular interval of time then you can see the great improvement in yourself and can protect yourself from complications or further side-effects.