Find the latest question posted in Complication Lapband Surgery Category. You can post your Lap-Band® surgery question related to Complication Lapband
Risk and complications
Less risk are attached with this lap band surgery. But unfortunately it has some certain risk and discomfort. First of all, there is no need of cut and staple or bypass in this surgery. Mortality rate is less than 1%. Lap band surgery risk is normal in the sense if you take care. Before surgery you have to follow pre-operative test to make your body in such condition that it can bear lap band surgery. To avoid risks and complication at the time of surgery or after surgery you have to go through all the according to test and diet chart.
Here is the list of some risk of lap band surgery-
- Do not smoke before or after surgery. It leads to great risk at the time of surgery. Smoking damage your lungs and this may lead to anesthetic risks and pneumonias after surgery. Your lung will not work properly if is full of bad gas when you go under anesthesia.
- There is a high risk for infection, slow healing, blood clots, and other life-threatening complications.
- Slippage of band after surgery which leads to re-operation.
- Stretch of stomach.
- Sometimes you feel more hunger and you will not feel satisfaction.
- Chances of being glucose deficient, due to less intake of food.
- Big chunk food and eating vigorously cause nausea and vomiting.
- May cause dehydration which may cause a loss of energy, dry skin, lightheadedness, and nausea
- Hair loss.
- An infection can form around the band or at the port.
- Erosion in lap band in stomach.
- Swelling and stoma obstruction.
- Alteration in size of the stomach pouch.
- Access port may leak or twist.
- Obstructed stoma due to over-inflation of lap band.
- Problem of gas.
Some others are no weight loss, Blockage of stomach outlet, Nausea, Gastritis, Constipation, Gas bloat, Ulceration, Weight regain, blockage of narrow passage, reduction in stool, problem in sleeping, weakness, diarrhea, flatulence, ulcer.
These risk and complication of lap band surgery can be cured or prohibited after taking proper care. Consult with your surgeon about the problem you are felling. Seriously follow the post-operative diet and medical care up. Change your lifestyle from previous one. Eat nutrient food and cut yourself from calorie food. See the guild lines to be follow after the surgery. Search online about this to prevent lap band surgery risk and complications. If your body condition is not good then don't go for lap band surgery.